Applicants need to have skills in certain occupations to meet the labor shortage in the province. If nominated through the AAIP program, applicants have the opportunity to apply for permanent residence for the entire family.
Requirements for the Alberta Provincial Nominee Program:
- High school graduate or above
- IELTS General Training from 5.0
- Minimum 1 year experience depending on position
- Meet health and criminal record requirements
Alberta skilled worker immigration streams and accompanying conditions:
|CURRENT||REQUEST A JOB OFFER IN ALBERTA||EXPERIENCE REQUIRED IN ALBERTA||PROFILES CAN BE LINKED TO THE EXPRESS ENTRY SYSTEM|
|Alberta Opportunity Stream (*)||Have||Have||Are not|
|Alberta Express Entry Stream||Are not||Are not||Have|
|Accelerated Tech Pathway Stream||Have||Are not||Have|
|Rural Renewal Stream||Have||Are not||Are not|
Benefits of settling in the province of Alberta:
- Free policy for children under 18 years of age and medical care for the whole family.
- The whole family is free to live, work and study in the province.
- Spouses are allowed to work freely with Open Work Permit.
Advantages of choosing to settle in Alberta:
- Modern habitat, pleasant climate, average temperature in summer is about 9 – 24°C and winter (-10) – 1°C. In particular, Alberta has the highest number of sunny days in Canada with 312 days annually.
- Good social security.
- The labor market is attracting large human resources from many industries.
- The province’s minimum wage is relatively high at 15 CAD/hour (updated 10/2022).
- The cost of living is affordable, suitable for the financial ability of families.
Invitation Points for Alberta Skills Profiles
- Opened a profile in the Express Entry system and achieved a minimum CRS score of 300;
- Experience in meeting the economic development needs of the province.
- Have a job offer and/or work experience in Alberta;
- Graduated from a post-secondary program in Alberta;
- Have parents, children, siblings, citizens or permanent residents living in Alberta.