Mục lục (Contents)
491 – SBO Queensland
- Is a 5-year temporary visa with conditions to permanent resident
- For skilled migration applicants in highly competitive, low-criteria occupations who are willing to acquire and operate a Queensland business worth at least AUD 100,000.
491 – SBO Queensland | Australian skilled migration program combined with small business investment
- The program is launched by the state of Queensland under the name Small Business Owner (SBO).
- Allows applicants to settle in Australia under the sponsorship of the state of Queensland
- Great opportunities for low-priority, highly competitive occupations
- Applicants are not required to have studied or had previous work experience in Queensland
Visa 491 – SBO Queensland | Suitable applicant:
- International students who have completed or are about to finish their studies in Australia.
- International students who have completed or are about to finish their studies International students who are holding a 485 visa with at least 9-12 months validity in Australia.
- International students living in any state in Australia
Visa 491 – SBO Queensland | Advantage:
- Only successful skills assessment is required for any occupation on the Australia-wide general shortage list (instead of Queensland’s own list)
- Applications can be submitted without requiring the applicant to have prior study in Queensland
- There are 15 plus points for Australian skilled migration application thanks to the letter of guarantee from the state of Queensland
- Quick approval time for State Guarantee within 1 month
Visa 491 – SBO Queensland | Right:
- The whole family is granted a temporary resident visa (conditional permanent resident visa)
- Freedom to live, study and work in Australia
- The whole family enjoys free medical care right from the time they are temporary residents
- Children from 5 to 18 years old are entitled to free education
Visa 491 – SBO Queensland | Program conditions:
- Under 45 years old
- Minimum IELTS 6.0 for each skill (or equivalent certificate)
- Successfully passed the skills assessment
- Acquiring an existing business in a Queensland priority development area for a minimum of AUD 100,000
- Run the business full-time for at least 6 months
- Hire at least one Australian worker